Your Guarantor Ltd considers that the correct treatment of personal data is integral to our successful operations and to maintaining trust and confidence of the persons we deal with.
Your Guarantor Ltd undertakes the legal responsibility of the Data Controller and Data Processor, with our Managing Director undertaking the role of Data Protection Officer. Our contact details are:
- Your Guarantor,
- Hagley Court North,
- Level St
- Brierley Hill
- DY5 1XF
- United Kingdom
Our commitment to you
Your Guarantor will ensure that:
- Everyone managing and handling personal information understands that they are responsible for following good data protection practice;
- There is someone with specific responsibility for data protection in the organisation;
- Staff who handle personal information are appropriately supervised and trained;
- Queries about handling personal information are promptly and courteously dealt with people know how to access their own personal information;
- Methods of handling personal information are regularly assessed and evaluated;
- Any disclosure of personal data will be in compliance with approved procedures;
- We take all necessary steps to ensure that personal data is kept secure at all times against unauthorised or unlawful loss or disclosure;
All suppliers who are users of personal information supplied by Your Guarantor will be required to confirm that they will abide by the requirements of the Act with regard to information supplied by us.
What data do we collect?
The data that Your Guarantor collects will be collected directly from you. We limit the collection of personal information to what we need to know to maintain the accuracy of our records, and assess the financial standing of customers, to assist us in providing a high standard of service, and to fulfil any legal and regulatory requirements.
All users are entitled to:
- Know what personal information Your Guarantor holds and processes about them and why.
- Know how to gain access to it.
- Know how to keep it up to date.
- Know what Your Guarantor is doing to comply with its obligations under the data protection legislation.
Why we process your data
Your Guarantor needs to collect and store a vast amount of personal data about its clients, insurance claims, suppliers and other users of Your Guarantor’s facilities to allow it to maintain its core operations and meet its customers’ requirements effectively.
You control your data
Your Guarantor will always obtain consent for the processing of your personal data on a case by case basis. It is important to us that you are clear on what information we collect and why we collect it.
You can withdraw your consent at any point by notifying Your Guarantor, however if you have an on-going claim this may affect continued cover under your policy.
Should your data need updating, this can also be done at any point by contacting Your Guarantor.
Clients have the right to access any personal data that is being kept about them in whatever form. Any person who wishes to exercise this right should make a request in writing and give it to the Data Protection Officer.
Your Guarantor aims to comply with requests for access to personal information as quickly as possible, but will ensure that it is provided within the statutory period unless there is a good reason for delay. In such cases, the reason for delay will be explained in writing to the data subject making the request.
If you are unhappy
Should you be dissatisfied with the manner in which Your Guarantor is handling your personal data you have the right to refer any concerns to the Information Commissioners Office:
- Information Commissioner's Office
- Wycliffe House
- Water Lane
- SK9 5AF
Tel: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 if you prefer to use a national rate number.